function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Fatfox FFatfox F 

Unable To Create A Record Using Process Builder

Hi everyone,

I'm creating the Recruiting App using the guide provided Salesforce. I'm stuck at creating a task using process builder.
Background: When a Picklist value in Job Application object changes to 'Rejected' or 'Extend an Offer', actions are performed accordingly. The actions should cause creation of a Task record where:
1) 'Assigned To' lookup field should be populated with the Owner of the Job Application object record. For this I'm filling it with [Job_Application__c].OwnerId
2) Priority field should be set 'High'.
3) Status field should be 'Not Started'.
4) Subject field should be 'Send Rejection Letter' or 'Extend an Offer' depending on the criteria.
5) Due Date field should be '[Job_Application__c].CreatedDate + 1 or Now() + 1 depending on the criteria.
User-added image

User-added image

'Criteria for Executing Actions' is set to 'Conditions are met'
Action is executed when 'All of the conditions are met (AND)'

User-added image

But when I change the picklist value of any Job Application record, nothing happens. No Task record is created. I've done everything exactly as mentioned in the Recruiting App guide but no luck.
Suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Can you check the execution criteria of your process builder is "when a record is created or edited"?
Fatfox FFatfox F
Hi SalesFORCE_enFORCEr,
The execution criteria is "when a record is created or edited".
Rick Paske 18Rick Paske 18
In case this wasn't resolved, what appears to be missing is populating the field "Related To ID".  Use Type "Field Reference" and Value "[Job_Application__c].Id" in this case.