function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul Shuster 5Paul Shuster 5 

How to get from Setup to Develop -> Apex Classes

I am new to SF and I am trying to create a private package.  The Intro 'Book' says : 'log in to your Developer Environment and then go to Setup -> Develop -> Apex Classes to create the class', however, although I have a developer account  I cannot find where to select 'Development', after I have selected SETUP.
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Paul,

please check below screen shots

.User-added image
v varaprasadv varaprasad
User-added image
Thanks - this was great!.  However, I had to first select 'SalesForce 1 Quick Start'.
Thanks so much!! However I discovered that first, I had to select 'Salesforce1 Quick Start'. - Paul Best Regards, Paul Paul Shuster Principal Sales Engineer www.teacherplanbook.com (613)884-3462
I am trying to follow a tutorial, but when I enter the suggested code for an apex Class I get an error: For the purposes of this tutorial we're going to package a simple Apex class to upload to AppExchange as a private listing. Here's the source: view source print ? 01 public class SimpleClass { 02 03 public void foo() { 04 System.debug('foo here'); 05 } 06 07 08 static testmethod void testFoo() { 09 SimpleClass a = new SimpleClass(); 10 a.foo(); 11 } 12 } The error I get is: Error: Compile Error: Test methods must be in test classes at line 8 column 25 What needs to be changed? Best Regards, Paul Paul Shuster Principal Sales Engineer www.teacherplanbook.com (613)884-3462