function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian LaRueBrian LaRue 

Service Cloud Basics - Automate Case Management - Auto Respond to Email - Cannot Save Form

I'm working on Service Cloud Basics module, Part 2: Automate Case Management on Trailhead. I'm on instruction #7 in the Add an Auto-Response Rule section. It's requesting that I add an email address to the form to be used as the "from" field on an email auto response. However, I'm not able to save the form becuase the email address that I've provided "is an invalid From email address." I've entered "support@somewhere.com" which, I believe, is a properly formatted email address. I'm guessing that it has to do with it being a non-verified "organization-wide email address" in my SalesForce instance.

Well I've added this ficticious email to my "organization-wide email addresses" but didn't realize that it needs to be verified. I don't own the "somewhere.com" domain to access and verify this email address. Do I really have to use a valid email account? Did I miss something?

The trail doesn't mention this requirement. This is my first foray into Sales Force and I had to poke around a bit to figure this out. Would be helpful if it had you add a VALID email address first.
Harisa HashimuddinHarisa Hashimuddin
Hi,

The 'From' email address on Case Auto-response must be either a verified org wide address or the email address in your user profile. Please see the below screenshot.

User-added image