function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
miko Leemiko Lee 

How to convert Chinese input method into English input method?

Hi guys,

I would like to ask how to recognize the input string is Chinese input method (when using Microsoft pinyin) and convert it to English input method ? For example: in English input method:abcd12345 , in Chinese input method:abcd12345. These two are not the same ascii actually and so at backend I need to convert Chinese input method to English input method. Is there any method to solve it? 
Thank you in advanced.
Naveen Rahul 26Naveen Rahul 26
Mlko Lee-san,

i assume chinese input method is DOUBLE BYTE and english input are SINGLE BYTE Characters ,is that correct.
Sorry to ask this question to you ,but why its needed to convert Double byte to single byte characters.

Salesforce support both DOUBLE BYTE and SINGLE BYTE as input. and no problem when displaying the content in details screen or Custom VF pages.

Thanks
Naveen
miko Leemiko Lee

Hi Naveen Rahul 26, 

I know Salesforce support both double byte and single byte input. Just when want doing some validation to match chinese input method with english input method, it show not match and show the input is invalid. To prevent this case happend, I need to change the chinese input method at backend to english input method so it will not show the input is invalid anymore.

Thanks.