function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anindya ChattopadhyayAnindya Chattopadhyay 

Invisible Home Tab in Partner Community Portal

Hi there:

I am very new to the concept of Salesforce Community and Salesforce overall. But getting used to it gradually.

I have got a Partner Community Portal where self-sign is enabled. Everything works well -
  • users can sign up
  • users get assigned to a business account as contact
  • users get assigned to Partner Community User profile (which has got Partner Community license)
  • users can sign in and see the following as landing page.
landing page
Strange enough users can't see the Home tab and the Lead Home acts as the landing page !! However users can navigate to Default Home using the following explicit URL: /home/home.jsp

home page

Any help will be much appreciated. For the profile Partner Community User, I have got Standard Tab of Home as Default On.

Thanks and regards,
Anindya
Best Answer chosen by Anindya Chattopadhyay
Apparently I have to add the tab from the community workspace. Default On from Setup doesn't work. However for other objects e.g. Lead, Job etc it can be turned on and off from the Setup !!

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anindya,

This is strange.I am using the Customer Portal Manager  User License and I am able to see the Home Tab in partner community portal.If it's not much work - can you please raise a case with our support team explaining the issue - (provide your ORG ID, login access to support for 7 days).We may need to have a closer look to understand what is happening.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Nagendra.
Hi Nagendra:

I have lodged a support case from our production org.

Cheers!

Apparently I have to add the tab from the community workspace. Default On from Setup doesn't work. However for other objects e.g. Lead, Job etc it can be turned on and off from the Setup !!
This was selected as the best answer