function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Priti jaiswal 8Priti jaiswal 8 

Send Email Page in Salesforce1

Hi,

We have created a custom button for a custom object. Using this custom button, we are redirecting user to standard email page using url hacking. We are also sending an email template as an attachment to the email.

The implantation works fine in Salesforce classic, but does not work in Salesforce1. 

The button is visible in Salesforce 1, but as soon as we click on the button we get this error message -

"You Can’t view this page, either because you don't have permission or because page is not supported on Mobile devices".

We even tried this using VF Page, but still getting same error message.
Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Priti,

This is a known issue as reported by Salesforce. You can try the workaround explained in the article.

Summary Customers may notice an error when trying to open an inline Visualforce page from the standard record detail page (or mobile card) while in a Community. This same inline Visualforce page will open as expected when in the standard Production environment.

In the Community, a preview of the Visualforce page is shown on the record detail page (i.e. mobile card), but when a user taps to open this page they may see the following error:

"You can't view this page, either because you don't have permission or because the page isn't supported on mobile devices."

Repro 1. Launch Salesforce1. 2. Open the navigation menu and switch into a Community. 3. Open any record with an inline (embedded) Visualforce page. 4. Tap on the Visualforce page preview to open the full page.
Users sees error message: "You cannot view this page, either because you don't have permission or because the page isn't supported on mobile devices."

Workaround A text link pointing to the Visualforce page or a Detail Page Button that uses the Visualforce page as the source should open the page as expected.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra.
Priti jaiswal 8Priti jaiswal 8
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for your response.

In case of a simple visuaforce page this works fine, but as soon as i include the logic to reidrect to standard email in my vf page using sforce.one.navigateToUrl, i get this error message.
Seems llike salesforce standard email page is not supported in salesforce1, but i am not sure about it. 

Regards,
Priti