function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adrian van Wyk 8Adrian van Wyk 8 

Convert Lead without Account "Create" permission

Hi,

Is there a way to convert a lead without allowing the "Create" permission on Account for a user.

I want to remove my users permission to create an account directly. The only way they should be able to create an account is via the lead Conversion process.

How can this be done? Would I need to create a custom lead conversion process or maybe disable the "New" buttons wherever Account is referenced?
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Adrian,

There is no way you can stop Account creation on Lead conversion. The whole point of lead conversion to create Account so as to ensure the business is taking place with the customer. However, you can stop Opportunity creation. You can either create new Account on lead conversion or merge with an existing account.

Please refer the below link for reference.
Please refer the success community There is an idea on convert leads without create/edit permission on accounts. I hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best Answer if the information is informative.

Best Regards
Rahul Kumar
Anthony TaravellaAnthony Taravella
Hi Adrian van Wyk,

probably you already found a solution for your problem, but I figured out a way to restrict profiles for creating accounts only by conversion.

- You create a text field (ConvertedLeadCheck__c) on Lead with a default value: 'whatever' and you create a text field on Account which is by default: '' (=blank). 
- You map these two fields on the lead conversion mapping (object manager --> lead --> fields & rel --> lead mapping)
- Finally, you create a validation rule on account:

AND(
ISNEW(),
ConvertedLeadCheck__c = '',
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator")

This will limit the creation of accounts for all the profiles, except the admin AND won't interfere with the conversion process. The reason why this doesn't work with checkboxes (which I also tried) is quite unclear to me, but this works and that's what counts ;) 

If this helped you out, please select as best answer ;) 
Paula DrewiczPaula Drewicz
Hi Anthony, l have just followed your instructions...but this doesn't seem to work ? to test l have set profile name to a sales user [as l am the admin] but l had no problems converting a lead and the account was created...what do l do wrong here /?