function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Austin VillanuevaAustin Villanueva 

Open Cti Call Center User Access

Hi guys, I'm new to Salesforce Open CTI integration, I just wanna ask about the call center definition file,
Is every user can access the call centers or only certain users can access those? 
If so, what access right do they need to access the call centers? 

I'm thinking if every user can create or import their own Call Center definition File. 

I hope you can help me about this guys. Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Austin Villanueva
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Austin,
You don't need a definition file for each user. If you are setting up Call Center then you will import the definition file of the CTI adapter to create a call center in Salesforce. Then, you can add users to this Call Center and these users will be able to use your Call Center application.

All Answers

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Austin,
You don't need a definition file for each user. If you are setting up Call Center then you will import the definition file of the CTI adapter to create a call center in Salesforce. Then, you can add users to this Call Center and these users will be able to use your Call Center application.
This was selected as the best answer
Austin VillanuevaAustin Villanueva
SalesFORCE_enFORCEr,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah that's what I figured out but what if my Implementation of Open CTI only requires call center definition? I will not used Apex or VisualForce because I looked up in the documentation that I can used it without using visualforce, but by providing the url of the softphone in cti adapter url, so in that's case I only have that url and used the opencti api to do the click to dial. I can distribute the callcenterdefinition or create package with one callcenterdefinition?
Do I really need to create a package just for one call center definition if I want my users to used it? 
Also, is it required to have Test Classes even without apex or visual in package? 

I hope you can help me. Thank you for the great reply.

Austin