function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ravindar AdminRavindar Admin 

Updating of many records using Formula field meets any governor limits?

I am Trying to create a report on Object__c. So I am trying to use user custom field(projectName__c) value in custom object field(projectName__c) in filter in Reports.

For that, I got a suggestion to do like below, and filter with Boolean.

Create a formula field in the custom object which is checkbox type and formula will be IF(projectName__c=user.projectName__c,true,false)

And create a report where apply filter forumulaField__c = true.

So, This is working fine. But When I change projectName__c, The all same projectName__c record's will be updated. If I change it to another project again records will be updated. I will have 10 Lakhs records in my application, presently I am using developer account.

Does This updating on 10 lakhs records meets any governor limits?

This help will be very Glad.

Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Ravindar Admin
LBKLBK
Hi Ravindar,

Technically, formula fields are calculated at runtime. Updating an underlying field value does not run an update operation on a formula field.

So, you don't really have to worry about the SOQL governor limits on this activity.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

LBKLBK
Hi Ravindar,

Technically, formula fields are calculated at runtime. Updating an underlying field value does not run an update operation on a formula field.

So, you don't really have to worry about the SOQL governor limits on this activity.

Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
LBKLBK
Unless of course, if your projectName__c is a non-formula field that you are updating for 10L records.
Ravindar AdminRavindar Admin
@ LBK, Hope your posted answer helps. But here I am not updating projectName__c,

Based on the projectName__c  of user and object__c. I am updating another formula check box field.

IF(projectName__c=user.projectName__c,true,false).

Then creating the report where apply filter forumulaField__c = true.