function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Casey GehlingCasey Gehling 

Outputting fieldsets using two columns

I have created a number of field sets (some quite large) as a means of easily developing a large visualforce page with many different types of data. This has really sped up development, however, the ordering when outputting the fieldsets is problematic. We are looking for two columns to shorten certain sections, however, rather than outputting each field in a vertical fashion and proceeding to the second column after reaching half of the list, it just alternates columns. Something similar to:

1 2
3 4

When what we are actually looking for is:

1 3
2 4

Does anyone know how to achieve this using visualforce? It seems like controlling tab key order is similar to my issue, but physically arranging them in that fashion is the desired outcome. We really don't want to break up the fieldsets, and we also don't want to waste time rearranging the fieldsets to match the order we are looking for. Any input would be appreciated. 
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
hi Casey,

Please find the suggested solution from stack exchange community for similar concern.

Create a page block section (same as before) and set columns="2". I then nested two pageBlockSections with columns="1", and iterated halfway through the field set in the first pageBlockSection, and then start where you left off in the second section. The labels were a little different, but you can add styles to them on page load using jQuery.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra