function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raghu Ch 2Raghu Ch 2 

Getting Error while loading lightning component

Hi All,

Getting the below error when i click on quick action containing a lightning component. 
Action failed: forceChatter:lightningComponent$controller$doInit (undefined is not an object (evaluating 'fn-apply')]

quickActionHandlerHelper.js failed to create component - forceChatter:lightningComponent

Let me know what the issue could be.
Shiva RajendranShiva Rajendran
hi Raghu,
could you share the component code if possible?

Thanks and Regards,
Shiva RV
Mustafa JhabuawalaMustafa Jhabuawala
It seems some syntax error. It would be helpful if you share the code.
prateek jainprateek jain
It seems you are doing syntax error or you must not have defined  the things you are using or spelling is different of a variable from where it is declared and where it is used. please share you code 
Thanks 
namrata vora 2namrata vora 2
Hi All,

I am facing the same issue, can anyone please pls help? Hi Raghu Ch 2, have you found the solution? if yes, please help me by commenting here.

Thanks
In my case, only some users are getting this error and not all
Hi All,

Just wanted to update with how I was able to solve it. Just changed the locale of the users(for whom this error was poping) to same as the locale of those users for which it was not throwing error and it solved the issue.

However, I fail to understand the relation between Locale and this issue. Please help to understand about it.

Thanks
Shiva RajendranShiva Rajendran
Hi Namratha,
That's surprising, Btw could you share the function which fails and the local for which it fails , also the error ,so that we can understand why this happend?

Thanks and Regards,
Shiva RV
GenoudGenoud
I faced this issue today and the reason was that the controller of my component was not compiling. I had change a definition of a method that the controller was consuming, which made the controller invalid.
So I would suggest to compile all your classes when you have such issue to see if there is any compilation issue in your Org.