function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourav PSourav P 

Validation Rule on Task due Date not working

Hi,
I have created a VR on due date, that if its NOT blank, and somebody try to alter , it will throw the VR. It seems working. But the error is throwing even when its blank and sombody trying to input a date. May i know what went wrong in by below VR formula ? Thnx

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK( ActivityDate )) , ISCHANGED(ActivityDate), Subject ="Opportunity follow-up" 

)

Best Answer chosen by Sourav P
ujwal thejaujwal theja
Hi 

I got your point, actually you are using "ISCHANGED" function. This function is comparing the value of a field to the previous value and returns True if the values are different.
If the values are same,this returns false. Actually, you given "ActivityDate" field as comparing field.

Here, ActivityDate field is blank value. While comparing both values are same and returns false as before one.

Let me know am i correct or not.

Thanks,
Ujwal K

All Answers

ujwal thejaujwal theja
Hi 

I got your point, actually you are using "ISCHANGED" function. This function is comparing the value of a field to the previous value and returns True if the values are different.
If the values are same,this returns false. Actually, you given "ActivityDate" field as comparing field.

Here, ActivityDate field is blank value. While comparing both values are same and returns false as before one.

Let me know am i correct or not.

Thanks,
Ujwal K
This was selected as the best answer
ujwal thejaujwal theja
Means, AND function  returns True if all values are true;returns False response if one or more values are false.

Here, ISCHANGED function is false.

Thanks,
Ujwal K
ujwal thejaujwal theja
Sorry, ISCHANGED function is True.

Thanks,
Ujwal K

Sourav PSourav P
Hi Ujwal, Thanks for the explanation, i know now why it was showing error.