function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas CoffeyThomas Coffey 

Trailhead "Designing a Flow" Example - Phone Number Formatting Messed Up

I'm working on this unit: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/flow

There's a "Designing a Flow" section about halfway down where they walk you through the creation of "quick account" flow.

Flow automatically prompts user to enter name (text field) and phone (number field) to create an account.

I created the flow and then tested it.  Phone field caused issues in testing:

(1) Phone formatting is not allowed in number field.  So I couldn't enter my test phone number as 512-123-4567.  When I try this I'm told "Error: Invalid number"
(2) So I entered number as 5121234567 in flow.  This allowed me to sucessuflly create and account.
(3) I checked to see if the account was created sucessfully.  It was created but the phone number is displayed as 5,121,234,567.

How do I get phone numbers to appear properly? e.g. 512-123-4567 or (512) 123-4567

Shruti SShruti S
I think you have created the field as a Number field when you should have actually created as a Phone type field.

Could you please check that?
Thomas CoffeyThomas Coffey
"Phone" does not appear to be an input field type that one can specify on the Flow Designer "add screen" user interface (see image below).
So I chose number as that seemed to be the closest match.

User-added image
Ed SarkissianEd Sarkissian
Running into same problem.  No "Phone" field.  At least now I know I'm not crazy and can move on.
John Adams 94John Adams 94
Having the same issue.  When running the Flow trailhead asked to be created, the phone is not formatted correctly.  This is a bit concerning - I may want to have users enter a phone number from a Flow menu.  Am I missing something that would need to be done in order for the field to be formatted correctly?