function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fdacruzfdacruz 

Internal Server Error Help

Hi all - I just received the following internal server error while trying to run a flow from a visualforce button in an opportunity record. Unfortunately, support wasn't able to help me, so I'm hoping that one of you might be able to provide some insight in what is going on! I'm including the error message at the very end of the post.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the screen logic pilot program that I have enabled for my org, but would love to know if anyone else has seen the same error. I have tried debugging it for a while now, to the point of even creating a completely new flow from scratch to no avail.

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 283414078-21279 (1332366967)
Best Answer chosen by fdacruz
fdacruzfdacruz
Ok - I figured out the issue. The problem that I'm having stems from the fact that I'm using dynamically updated flow screens (a feature still in pilot - notes here: link (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer17/release-notes/rn_forcecom_flow_fieldrules.htm)) which don't work when rendered in Classic runtime.

Anytime that I have invisible fields, whether they are invisible by default and made visible by a rule based on a picklist field choice or visible by default and made invisible if a picklist choice is anything else besides a particular choice, my flow throws an error.

This is because the field visibility feature is only available when flows use Lightning runtime. Since the flows were being launched from a button via a Visualforce page, they ran with the classic runtime. Read more about Flow Runtime Experiences (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_guide/vpm_admin_runtime.htm). The workaround was to launch the flow via URL.

All Answers

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
I have seen this error many times but generally it goes away automatically. Sometimes, there is an issue with the vf logic or flow logic whihc triggers this error. Do you see anything in debug logs?
fdacruzfdacruz
Hi SalesFORCE_enFORCEr - do you mean you have seen this specific error?

I already looked at the debug logs, but they show up as successful with no errors...
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Yes. It is a generic error provided by Salesforce.
fdacruzfdacruz
Ok - I figured out the issue. The problem that I'm having stems from the fact that I'm using dynamically updated flow screens (a feature still in pilot - notes here: link (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer17/release-notes/rn_forcecom_flow_fieldrules.htm)) which don't work when rendered in Classic runtime.

Anytime that I have invisible fields, whether they are invisible by default and made visible by a rule based on a picklist field choice or visible by default and made invisible if a picklist choice is anything else besides a particular choice, my flow throws an error.

This is because the field visibility feature is only available when flows use Lightning runtime. Since the flows were being launched from a button via a Visualforce page, they ran with the classic runtime. Read more about Flow Runtime Experiences (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_guide/vpm_admin_runtime.htm). The workaround was to launch the flow via URL.
This was selected as the best answer