function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rumit lumiarumit lumia 

portal users cannot own partner accounts

While creating a contact from Napili community I am not able to assign account to this new contact.
When I checked the debug logs I found that I am getting this error 'portal users cannot own partner accounts'.

So can anyone help me how to resolve this error
How can I create a contact in community where account should always be the account of the community's user (who is creating the contact)

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rumit,

Only Partner Portal user license give your full permission on Accounts and Contacts object. Customer Portal license provides read-only access to Account and Contact object.May I suggest you please double check with the same which might help you accelerate further with the above requirement.

Please let us know if any further information is required.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ramit,

Allow partner portal users owning portal accounts please refer the below link for reference. I hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Best Regards
Rahul Kumar

Edward ZaragozaEdward Zaragoza
Hi Rumit,

I was receiving this same error when I had our clients try to create contacts for their account via the portal. I resolved it by not requiring the Account Name to be populated when creating the contact. Then using process builder when a contact is created it will set the account ID based on the User's Contact Account ID. Hope this helps!
Peter ClementsPeter Clements

All,
I created a screen flow to create a new Contact record and had this error.

Found this page and attempted to allow the Contact creation without Account and populate with Process Builder. I still encountered errors.

I was able to resolve it by setting the Contact Owner to the Account's Owner before insert. With this, I am able to save the Contact record. I then removed the Process Builder and populated the Contact record with a value for Account before insert. 

I did include a check for duplicate records in the flow and Duplicate Rules for Contact setting Record-Level Security = Enforce sharing rules.

I also had success with Community User creating a Contact from a lookup field. 

Hope this helps,

Peter