function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gregory Libo 8Gregory Libo 8 

activate approvalprocess

I created an approval process and activated it. How can i run it. From the detail screen i can only see the approval process name, delete and edit. There is no run option? Please advise. Thanks.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Gregory ,
If you go to the record for the object   , you can a button Submit for approval  or you can invoke it from Apex

Thansk ,
Raj
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Hi Gregory,

There are two ways to invoke an approval process, Manually or Programmatically.
Manual - Go to the record which you want to submit for approval and click on the "Submit for Approval" button.
Programmatical - Create a process builder and add an action to invoke an approval process. OR Create a visual workflow and invoke you approval process OR if you know apex then you can write a trigger to do that.

Gregory Libo 8Gregory Libo 8
Can not see submit for approval button in my approval process? Please let me know how should I add it. Thank you
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
You submit a record for approval so the button will be on the record. For e.g if you have an approval process on Account object then you will go to the Account record which you want to submit for approval by clicking on the Submit for Approval button on that record. So, go to that object, edit the page layout and add the Submit for Approval button.