function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Somasundaram S 1Somasundaram S 1 

how to update field in related list object

i a object called call and another object called transaction , this transaction is related to call , i would like to update a field in transaction when the call is submitted how to do it ? which is the best method. the reason i want to update is i want to invoke a trigger at transaction  when the call is submitted . i dont want to write trigger in call object . once i update the field in when call is submitted then trigger will invoke in transaction
please advise me  
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
Based on my knowledge, you are going to need an Apex Trigger to do the job.
Think of this way, Let's say you have one record for Call__c object and 50 records for Transaction__c object which relates to Call__c. Now, if you update that Call__c object record as Status = Submitted then how would all the 50 Transactions__c records updates by themselves? There is no standard functionality to do the job yet!
I have just answer the similar question with different object name.
See the link: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G000000UbGlQAK

Hope it helps!
Somasundaram S 1Somasundaram S 1
i just want to invoke the trigger in transaction and if i can update atleast single record of transaction thats enough it will invoke the trigger.
i want to avoid trigger to do this , any idea ?