function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raju kanoperiRaju kanoperi 

Visibility

I have a question i have 3 fields like  m2,m3,m4 .  m3 depend on m2 field and m4 depend on m3 field like a dependent picklist. These 3 fields are mandatory ok . but one profile user not visible to M4 field initially after saving the record then only user able to see M4 field.

Thanks..
Shruti SShruti S
Could you please check the Field Level Security of the M4 field ? If the readonly is checked for the profile, then you could expect a similar behavior. Here is how you can check that -
User-added image
Hi shruti thanks for your reply..  in my case only  after saving will i start seeing the m4 field. Only  after reopening  will i be able to edit, although this is a mandatory field.

thanks..
Shruti SShruti S
I am sorry I didn't understand what you said. Are you trying to achieve this ?
Mustafa JhabuawalaMustafa Jhabuawala
Do you want to achieve this in the standard layout or you have any visualforce page or lightning component for the same ?
Hi This is Standard Page . under Lob 3  one field called Lob4 ok . while creating new record Lob4 Field Not visible. after saving the record that field should be visible

User-added image
Shruti SShruti S
I am sorry to say but in Standard Page it is not possible, you will have to build a custom Visualforce page.
Mustafa JhabuawalaMustafa Jhabuawala
Correct !!!. It's not possible in standard page.

I just want to alter your problem statement a lil bit - Here you don't have to change the FLS to hide and show specific field on layout as per business requirement, infact you won't be able to alter that (FLS) depedning on some conditions.

You have to use a custom page (Visualforce page) where you can hide and show specific fields depending on your requirement.

Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks,
Mustafa Jhabuawala
Technical Lead at Zen4orce (http://www.zen4orce.com)
ok Thanks for both for u r response....