function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vinay kumar ginjupallivinay kumar ginjupalli 

Facing problem with format reports module

In the format reports module.I am trying to create a summary report on cases with fields case owner ,subject,Account name.

I did the same and during validation it is always raising the error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Case Status' report does not include the 'Case Owner' field.
Best Answer chosen by vinay kumar ginjupalli
I got the error because i did the mistake in creating the report.kindly check in the report while dragging the fields you are adding them as columns not rows.

All Answers

Ryan Fung 6Ryan Fung 6
I'm also having this problem. Any updates?
I got the error because i did the mistake in creating the report.kindly check in the report while dragging the fields you are adding them as columns not rows.
This was selected as the best answer
Anne Librach 24Anne Librach 24
It will not allow me to add any fields or populate any fields in the builder.  Is there an issue with the cases report feature?

Thanks!
Ali Mahmood 1Ali Mahmood 1

Took me some time but I figured it out:

1.) Run Salesforce in Classic not Lightning
2.) When creating the Case report, start with with the Tabular format and select the Show drop-down and select Details
3.) You will see various columns. Remove all of the columns by dragging them to the left pane except for Case Owner, Subject, and Account Name
4.) Now switch from Tabular format to Summary format by clicking the tab next to Preview
5.) Drag the Status field onto the grouping field section (where it says "Drop a field here to create a grouping")
6.) Save your report as Case StatusNote - if you can't save it for whatever reason, you can change the name of the "Report Unique Name" but as long as the report name is Case Status you will pass the challenge. I had to delete any reports with duplicate names from the Recycle bin before I could get this to work

Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't.

-Ali

Cindy PaeCindy Pae
Ali - your solution worked!!  thank you!!
Justin ChaseyJustin Chasey
Thank you Ali Mahmood! This was taking way too much time and making me go insane. Your steps worked perfectly.