function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken Tallman 10Ken Tallman 10 

Rollup number of days since date

I need to calculate the number of days since Employment Start Date on a child object, then roll this value up to the parent object and summarize all the records. The formula field is easy, but since it references TODAY, it is unavailable in the parent (Master/Detail) object rollup calculation. I've tried creating a shadow field with a workflow, but since no one edits the record, the workflow doesn't fire. I would prefer to do this without Apex, since that's outside of my skillset, but I can't figure out a way to do it. 
Shruti SShruti S
Yeah, you are right. The out of the box Rollup Summary fields will not work just like as you mentioned.

So the workaround here is that you can use an app called Declarative Rollup Summaries Tool - https://github.com/afawcett/declarative-lookup-rollup-summaries . This app is open source/free app(community powered) which is quite popular and used by many. This app was introduced to solve a common problem - "Allowing Rollup Summary field on Lookup Fields".

Well, yes I know we don't have that issue of Lookup but this app has lot of other features. It provides many other Rollup Types(not just those COUNT/MIN/MAX etc but many others too) and it has a concept of Scheduled Rollups - https://github.com/afawcett/declarative-lookup-rollup-summaries/wiki/What-you-need-to-know-about-Scheduling-Rollups . This means that it will re-calculate the Rollup Summary fields created via this App every day or whenever possible.

So you could take advantage of this feature to tackle your problem. Have a look at and I am almost certain you can resolve this issue without code :)
Thank you. I use DLRS heavily and absolutely love it. That was my starting point. The problem is that there is no triggering event to cause DLRS to fire. No one touched the record, and there were no new child records created, and changing to a new day does not cause the system to fire. I could cause a batch job to run nightly to force a recalculation of all records, but that seems wasteful. Ken
Shruti SShruti S
Sorry to repeat incase you might have missed it out, could you please let me know if you have tried Scheduled Rollups in DLRS?
I have tried that, but since no records were edited or added, DLRS won't execute. Ken
MOHA SAJMOHA SAJ
Buy a real/fake passports,driver’s license,ielts,toefl,gmat,gre certificates without taking test and counterfit money::WHATSAPP:(+27)73 675 2934

We are a team of professionals with many years of experience in manufacturing forged passports and other identity documents, the best producers of quality fake documents. With more than 10 million documents circulating in the world. We offer only original high qualities of true-false passport, driving license, ID cards, stamps, birth certificates, international fake diplomas and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Norway Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and worldwide. For more information and to order, contact us by email or phone here:

Contact e-mails.....ieltswithoutexam190@gmail.com

Skype.........raul bestpro

Tel..............(+27)73 675 2934

Tel....VIBER....WHATSAPP........(+27736752934)

We offer high quality English test certificates like: G-TELP, IELTS, IELCA, ITEP, MHLE, MSRT, EXAMAGRAM, STEP EIKEN, TEPS, TELC, TIEC, TOEFL, TOEIC, TOLIMO, FLPE, ACTFL

We also offer counterfeit bills for the following currencies;
EUR - Euro
USD - US Dollar
GBP - British Pound
INR - Indian Rupee
AUD - Australian Dollar
CAD - Canadian Dollar
AED - Emirati Dirham
ZAR - Rand
CHF - Swiss Franc
CNY - Chinese Yuan Renminbi
MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
THB - Thai Baht

We also offer registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,bio-metric passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M GCSE, A-levels,High School Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT Examination Certificates , Novelty Birth and Death Certificates, Novelty Passports and New Identity Packages, Replicated, False Degrees from all post-secondary institutions from around the world (we have over 3000 templates on file) all designed to look 100% identical to the original.Custom Printing (if we do not already have the template on file simply email us a copy and we can make any alterations/modifications as per your directions). Second, citizenship,identity, identification, documents,nationality, how to, where to, get, obtain, buy, purchase, make,build, a, passport, i.d,British, Honduras, UK, USA, us, u.s.,Canada, Canadian,foreign, visa, Swiss, card,ids, document, getting,visas, (ieltswithoutexam190@gmail.com)