function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose María Nicolás ArfelisJose María Nicolás Arfelis 

Invoking Account Record Type fields in APEX

Hi all,

I would like to create a Trigger Handler invoking an Account record type, but after some research and test I couldn't find the way to invoke a specific record type and fields of that record type in APEX. The name of the Account record type I am talking about is "Profesores". Here is my code:

public with sharing class ProfesorEventoTriggerHandler {

@future 
  public static void ProcesaProfesoresAsync(Set<ID> eventoIds){

// recoge el map del evento id y de los profesores sepprevados por punto y coma a construir
    Map<Id, String> eventoProfesorMap = new Map<Id, String>();
    //RecordType RecType = [Select Id From RecordType Where SobjectType = 'Account' and DeveloperName = 'Profesores'];

// consigue TODOS los profesores para todos los eventos afectados de tal modo que podamos construir
    List<Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c> eventoProfesores = [select id, Evento__c, RecType.Id
      Account.Name from Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c 
      where Evento__c IN :eventoIds order by Account.Name];

for (Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c prev : eventoProfesores) {
      if (!eventoProfesorMap.containsKey(prev.Evento__c)) {
        // si el key del evento no existe, agregarlo con nombre del profesor
        eventoProfesorMap.put(prev.Evento__c,prev.Account.Name);
      } else {
        // si el key del evento ya existe, agregar ", 
        // if the key (account) already exist, add "; nombre del profesor"
        eventoProfesorMap.put(prev.Evento__c,eventoProfesorMap.get(prev.Evento__c) + 
          ', ' + prev.Account.Name);
      }
    }

// consigue los eventos que fueron afectados
    List<Evento__c> eventos = [select id from Evento__c where Id IN :eventoIds];

// agrega la lista de profesores separados por punto y coma
    for (Evento__c ev : eventos)
      ev.Account = eventoProfesorMap.get(ev.id);

// actualiza los eventos
    update eventos;

}  

}
Account.Name should be for example something like this "get the value in field Name of the Record type "Profesores" of the object Account".

Can please somebody help me as I am stuck here since hours?.

Regards

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jose,

I'm not clear how you want to use the record type of Account in this logic. More explanation in your question would help.

Taking a guess, if Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c is a child object of Account and you only wanted records related to the 'Professors' Account record type you could filter like this:
List<Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c> eventoProfesores = [
        select id, Evento__c, Account__r.Name
        from Relacion_Profesor_Evento__c
        where Evento__c IN :eventoIds
        and Account__r.RecordType.DeveloperName = 'Profesores'
        order by Account.Name
        ];

Please mark this post as solved if it helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Hi Nagendra,

in the code you can see Account.Name is mentioned more than one time, but that is not what I exactly mean. The object Account in my application has two record types: one is the Record Type "Profesores" and the another is "Alumnos".

The parent object is Evento. The child object is a related list based on a junction object between the Evento object and the Account Record Type = Profesores (I have two lookups in this junction object, one of them points to Account with a filter for RT "Profesores").

So, what I am trying to do is to build a concatenated string of ";" separated values in a text field. The text field will contain the Names of the "Profesores" separated by a ";".
Say, I have my Event X and the related list for that event with the Professors participating on that event:

PROFESOR        FECHA DE CREACION
Julian Perez          18/9/2016
Maria Velasquez    18/9/2016

my concatenated string appearing on the detail page of the Event X on the corresponding field would be:

Julian Perez;Maria Velasquez

As PROFESOR comes from the lookup Account, Filter with RT = "Profesores", I would like to invoke that RT in my code. If I invoke Account.Name, Salesforce doesn't know which RT I am talking about, if Profesores or Alumnos. I guess, I can not save my code because of this.
I can not find out how to invoke this RT.
Account__r?, I guess you mean Account, you can not mention Account as Account__c or Account__r...