function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bryant KriegerBryant Krieger 

New to Apex

Hi All,

First off thank you to everyone for taking the time to read and help me out. With no prior experience I was put into a Salesforce Admin roll about two years ago. Now, with limited resources I have been tasked with a project that I believe will require Apex. Below I will try my best to explain what we would like to do.

I have two custom objects CMD Project (CMD_Project__c) and CMD Project Bidder (CMD_Project_Bidder__c)
CMD Project Bidder is a related list of CMD Project

CMD Project holds construction project information and CMD Project Bidder are the companies bidding to complete the projects.

Our potential clients (Accounts/Leads) are the companies bidding these projects.

The source of the project and bidder information provides a unique Company Id

I am hoping to use this unique Company Id to relate projects to Accounts and Leads, so that we will be able to see who is activly bidding construction projects. I would like for this to be automated so that anytime a CMD Project, CMD Project Bidder, Lead, Account is created or updated the projects companies are bidding will show up on a related list.

Once again thank you to all for taking the time to help out, please let me know if you have any questions for me or need additional information.

Balaji BondarBalaji Bondar
Hi Bryant,

Please follow below approach:

1. Create lookup(Account) field on CMD_Project_Bidder__c
2. Write after insert ,after update trigger on CMD_Project_Bidder__c which will populate CMD_Project_Bidder__c->CMD_Project__c->Account value in this field.
3. Update Account page layout to show CMD_Project_Bidder__c related list under Account.

Hope this will reslove your issue.

Important :
If this is what you were looking for then please mark it as a "SOLUTION" or You can Click on the "Like" Button if this was beneficial for you.