function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Oliver Freeman 9Oliver Freeman 9 

Admin Beginner - Salesforce1 Mobile Basics

Hi,

I'm trying to complete the challenge on the Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions unit in this trail, but I've come across an issue in my Developer Edition environment and was wondering if anyone could help out here.
I'm trying to create an object-specifc update action, but 'Update a Record' isn't available in my dropdown list when creating global actions - see screenshot below:

User-added image

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Michael Lin 23Michael Lin 23
Same question here.  Been stuck on this for a few hours.
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Oliver Freeman
there is no option in drop-down with update a record
for this challange first make a globle action and then add field to edit layout page and add action to Publisher Layouts

your globle action look like this
User-added image

action page layout after save action
User-added image

go to Publisher Layouts and edit globle layout and add action to page

User-added image

and check challange
Thanks
mark it best answer if it helps you:)
Hi Soni,

I believe this is the solution to challenge #4, which we both completed.
The question is around challenge #5 "Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions".  For this challenge, the first step is:
  • Create an object-specific quick action called 'Update Account Information' on the account object
This seems to require an "Update a Record" option in dropdown.

Thanks!
Mike
Additionally, the Information on the Action Type says there should be a Update option:

A Create action lets users create records in the publisher, Update a Record allows user to update data on the fields of an existing record in the publisher, and a Log a Call action lets them record the details of a call. A Custom action is a Visualforce page or canvas app.
Figured it out.  There are Global Actions and Object Actions.  In this challenge, the New Action needs to be created from the Account object.  That will give the "Update a Record" option in the dropdown.