function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sheila BakerSheila Baker 

Set Lead Status When Event Created with Type of "First Call"

I have successfully used Process Builder and Flow to set Lead Status when a Task is created with a specific Subject - so I hope this means I have the basics down. :)

Now I have a second process where I need to set Lead Status when an Event is created with Type of "First Call". I can't for the life of me figure out how to reference the Event's Type field in either Process Builder or Flow. Would someone please help me out here? Thanks so much!
Sheila
Best Answer chosen by Sheila Baker
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Just checked out on developer edition by default its type column is not checked,please check it,then you can able to see.

Here are the settings navigate Quick Search ==> type Event Fields ==>Click on "Type" Field ==> Field Level Security ==> check the which profile which you are using(Ex:-- System Admin) and ==> save it

Please refresh the PB.

Hope it resolves your problem!

Thanks!

All Answers

buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
HI Sheila,

Please find the below steps to create PB,Let me know if you need any more help.

Click Path: Your name (Top right) | Setup | Create | Workflow & Approvals | Process builder
Click 'New' button on top right

1. Create a New Process. Choose Task object
2. In the decision element enter the following details

Criteria Name >> Task assigned to Lead (anything meaningful is fine)
Criteria for executing actions
Conditions are met

1st Condition

Field >> [Task].WhoID (On drop down select Name and check the APIName)
Operator >> Starts with
Type >> ID
Value >> 00Q

WhoID starting with 00Q means the task is related to Lead records
2nd Condition
Field >> [Task].Status
Operator >> equals
Type >> Picklist
Value >> Completed

The task Object chosen in process builder and the decision element with both the above conditions imply that process will run on task that are related to lead and having status as completed

Next is launching flow

1. In the immediate action choose “Flow”
2. Choose the flow “PB_To_Flow” that we created initially
3. Field is Lead ID and reference is [Task].WhoID

This process will pass the particular Lead ID to which has completed task
The flow picks up the Lead ID and updates the field Rating as “Hot”
Sheila BakerSheila Baker
Hi buggs sfdc,
Thanks for responding. I have already figured out the above steps to match a Task and update the Lead Status. The issue I'm having is specifically with getting at the Event "Type" field to be able to match it for the criteria as I only want to update the Lead Status when the Event Type = "First Call". However, the "Type" field is not visible when referring to an Event.Any ideas how I can get to it from pb or flow?
Thanks,
Sheila
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Can you please try to check the field level security for Type Field on Event Object,on my sandbox i can see the type is availble on PB,please check the below screen shot
User-added image
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Just checked out on developer edition by default its type column is not checked,please check it,then you can able to see.

Here are the settings navigate Quick Search ==> type Event Fields ==>Click on "Type" Field ==> Field Level Security ==> check the which profile which you are using(Ex:-- System Admin) and ==> save it

Please refresh the PB.

Hope it resolves your problem!

Thanks!
This was selected as the best answer
Sheila BakerSheila Baker
Hi buggs sfdc,
You are my hero! So silly of me. Didn't even occur to me that this standard field would be hidden. It's on the page layout! Thanks so much!
Sheila