function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SamuelRobertSamuelRobert 

How to bring in lookup filter functionality in VF page

Hi there are two lookup fields one is Group__c and Site__c the lookup filter for Group__c is : (Group: TypeEQUALSGROUP-PNET) AND (Group: Parent Account IDEQUALSOrder: Account Name ID)
Site__c:(Site Name: TypeEQUALSSITE-PNET) AND (Site Name: Parent Account IDEQUALSOrder: Group ID)
We have Account with few Hierarchy, there is Field called Type. If Type = Customer then it is head for the Account that has the Type = GROUP-PNET the Account that has GROUP-PNET type will have the Parent Name(lookup) as Account name or ID of the the Account with Type= Customer.
2nd Scenario: We have another Account Type = SITE-PNET. these Account will Comes under the Account Type= "GROUP-PNET" hence the parent Name of the Account Type= SITE-PNET will have the Account name or ID of the Account type which is = GROUP-PNET.
Already Order object by default has a Account lookup field,Based upon the above scenarios the Filter is set up.
Now this is working fine in the order edit and detail page. I want this to be available in the VF page and i tried few logic which did not worked out for me.
VF::
<table>
                <tr>
                  <td colspan="3" style="text-align:left;width:100px!important;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color: #4a4a56;padding-right: 2px;">
                      <apex:outputLabel value="Group" for="lookup"/>
                    </td>
                    <table>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!order.Group__c}" label="Group" id="grp"/>
                        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!grouplookup}" reRender="siteinfo"/>
                    </table>
                </tr>
            </table>

APEX:

public NewOrderController() {
    Order order = new Order();
    order.Group__c = accts.ParentId;
    accts=[select Id,ParentId,type,AccountNumber from Account where type='GROUP-PNET' and Id =:accts.ParentId];
}
public pageReference grouplookup() {
    accts = [select Id,ParentId,type,AccountNumber from Account where Id=:order.Group__c];
    return null;
}

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Samuel,

I recently encounter a problem I believe to be similar, where a lookup filter was showing no records on a visualforce page. You can look at the related question here(http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/142579/lookup-with-filters-fails-to-display-records-on-visualforce-page).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P