function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire NicolayClaire Nicolay 

Update fields in child object with process builder when field on master object is updated

I'd like to know if I can update fields on achild object with the process builder in following case:
1. my master object = "contact"
2. my child object= "relationship"
3. principal detail field on "relationship" object= "contact name"
4. lookup field on "relationship object"= "in relationship with"
5.phone number related to value showing up in "in relationship with" is already updated by a process when record is created

concretely: 
to add contact A as a relationship to contact B, I populate the field "in relationship with" in my "relationship" object with the name of contact A. When I save, the phone number field reflects contact A's phone by process.

Now, If I change on contact tab the phone number of contact A, I would like it to be also updated also in my relationship object.
I created the follwing process for that but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome

1. start from "contat" object when record is created or updated
2. following formula evaluates to true: ISCHANGED([Contact].Phone )
3. update records on "relationship" object upon following condition: field "in relationship with" equals reference [Contact].ID
4. Field "phone number" in relationship object to be updated with value in field phone on contact tab: phone number reference [Contact].Phone

thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Claire Nicolay
Aniket Malvankar 10Aniket Malvankar 10
Hello Claire,

Create a Cross object Formula to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks
Aniket

All Answers

Aniket Malvankar 10Aniket Malvankar 10
Hello Claire,

Create a Cross object Formula to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks
Aniket
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Aniket
a formula field does not work because it reflects the phone of contact A in my child object.
and I want to reflect the phone of the relation of contact A, i.e.contact B

Any other suggestion? thanks
Hi Aniket
a formula field does not work because it reflects the phone of contact A in my child object.
and I want to reflect the phone of the relation of contact A , i.e.contact B, when the phone of contact B is changed on  the contact tab. In other word, if Aniket has been entered as a relation to claire in the relationship object, and aniket's phone changes on the contact tab, then aniket's phne should also be updated in the relationship object

Any other suggestion? thanks