function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christian AndrewsChristian Andrews 

Confused - Trailhead - Process Automation Module, Customize How Records Get Approved With Approvals

Hi! I am sort of a beginner, but this almost seems like an error. We are to make an approval process if the type feild is set to prospect, and the value of employees is greater than 500. Cant seem to figure out what that 500 employees is attached to and the only employee section avaialable only has selections of High or medium. Certainly not a number selection. Please help, I appreciate it!
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Christian Andrews,

I share my solution 

1.- Into Account validate Field Type :
                                          Values: Prospect, Customer, Pending.

2.- Created the new process 'Approve New Account'
     Specify Entry Criteria Type equals Prospect and Employees greater than 500
User-added image

save

Tab Initial Submission Actions
Select option Field Update click Go button 

4.- Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.

User-added image

save

Tab Approval Steps
Click Edit 
5.- In step 3 Select Assigned Approver assign to user

User-added image

save

6.- Tab Final Approval Actions 
User-added image

7.- Tab Final Rejection Actions 

User-added image

Save

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. 

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Well, I definitely followed directions and went through the whole module again, but it's telling me that the "Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' pick list values to the Account 'Type' field" Yet I am certain they have been created. I am also including a screenshot to show the time stamp and the account fields. I wonder if the issue has something to do with the original Type field and the one I created for this. Was I not supposed to create a new field? And if that is the case, how is it that when I added the preset pick list values to the original Type field in the account, it did not yield any response from the trailhead checking system? (meaning it still said add prospect customer pending) Please reach out to me on this. I am certain that I have completed the process at least 10 times over.. Hopefully 11 is the charm
Hi,

You are right you no need to create type field for this instead you need to use standard Type field of account.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
So I would need to delete the standard fields already populating the Type field?
Hi Christian Andrews,

I would suggest you create new DE org nad take challenge over there as you are already confused if you start deleting fields you will end up with errors.

Please create new DE org and start from scratch following the steps I have mentioned in above post you will be able to pass the challenge.Try to complete the challenge as each step as the first step is 

1.The Account object's Type field must have the following picklist values: Prospect, Customer, Pending. Before creating the approval process, verify the values in your Account object setup.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

AOAO

Hi @Sandhya,

Thank you for your screenshots, they helped me pass and understand the challenge, have a good day! 

Sreemathi SankaralingamSreemathi Sankaralingam
Hi All!
I have done everything right in this trailhead, but couldnt find where it went wrong?It shows me the following message,
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
When the approval request is approved, the approval process doesn't set the correct Type value.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
Vince LouvetVince Louvet
I ran into this same issue.

It seems the playground is created modeled after your org's current sandbox setup, which may no longer have the Account Type field option of 'Pending'.

To fix the issue:

1. Enter the playground Setup page.
2. From setup home page click on 'Object Manager' and click on Account.
3. Click on 'Fields and Relationships' from the options in the menu on the left.
4. Then click on 'Type' field to edit the options for this field. Make sure the options include: Prospect, Customer, Pending

Click save, then continue with creating the process automation as instructed in the playground.