function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Susanta ChakrabortySusanta Chakraborty 

Want to make some certain fields invisible in respect of users

Can I make some certain fileds invisible in one object using validations?? The logic should be if OwnerID<>userID then some fields will not be visible for others. Is that possible without using apex class and triggers??
Let me know please as soon as possible
Best Answer chosen by Susanta Chakraborty
SwarnaSankhaSinghSwarnaSankhaSingh
Hi Susanta,

Yes; making a field invsible using Validation Rules is not possible and needs custom code. But what is possible using Validation Rules is ithat it can be used to prevent a user from modifying values for specific fields in certain scenarios.

If you feel that your question was answered then do flag the appropriate answer as the solution to your query.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.

All Answers

Hi Susanta,

Unfortunately, you cannot achieve this using standard OOTB configurational features; you need to have custom inerfaces designed and developed.

Now what you could do is to leave the fields on the pagelayout and use Validation Rules to prevent someone from entering values in specific fields while editing a record if they are not the record owner.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.

Susanta ChakrabortySusanta Chakraborty
Hi Golden Dev Coder Thanks for the reply, I know, I can do this using validation rule. I just wanted to know whether I can implement the validation what I exactly looking for, is possible or not, that you have suggested, is not possible. Actually I am not very familiar with apex class and triggers, I can do this through validation if it can happen, anyway thanks for your reply. Thanks. Sent from my HTC
Hi Susanta,

Yes; making a field invsible using Validation Rules is not possible and needs custom code. But what is possible using Validation Rules is ithat it can be used to prevent a user from modifying values for specific fields in certain scenarios.

If you feel that your question was answered then do flag the appropriate answer as the solution to your query.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.
This was selected as the best answer
paddareddy ramireddypaddareddy ramireddy
Hi,
susanta and swarnasankha singh,
 can anybody suggest me for the validation rule based on age my system should not allow candidate information to be entereed as a record

paddareddy ramireddypaddareddy ramireddy
if the age is above 60