function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prakash javadekarprakash javadekar 

Tools for Salesforce

As i am completely new to salesforce platform can someone guide me with better tools for importing data to salesforce

Thanks
Prakash.
Best Answer chosen by prakash javadekar
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Prakash,

You have 2 options provided by Salesforce:

1: Salesforce Import Wizard: The easiest option built into your Salesforce.com application. To open it go to Your Name | Setup | Data Management. It works with any Salesforce edition and in many cases is enough to get your data imported.

2: Force.com Data Loader: Data Loader is another tool provided by Salesforce. It is a standalone application for Mac or PC and is available for download at Force.com. I would call it an advanced version of Import Wizard that allows you to do more sophisticated migration tricks. You need to be at least on Enterprise Edition to use the Data Loader.

Also, various 3rd party vendors have built data import tools.

If you want to learn more, I have written a blog post about tool options for import:http://import2.tumblr.com/post/26387094996/3-tools-to-import-data-into-salesforce

Please mark it as solved if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Prakash,

You have 2 options provided by Salesforce:

1: Salesforce Import Wizard: The easiest option built into your Salesforce.com application. To open it go to Your Name | Setup | Data Management. It works with any Salesforce edition and in many cases is enough to get your data imported.

2: Force.com Data Loader: Data Loader is another tool provided by Salesforce. It is a standalone application for Mac or PC and is available for download at Force.com. I would call it an advanced version of Import Wizard that allows you to do more sophisticated migration tricks. You need to be at least on Enterprise Edition to use the Data Loader.

Also, various 3rd party vendors have built data import tools.

If you want to learn more, I have written a blog post about tool options for import:http://import2.tumblr.com/post/26387094996/3-tools-to-import-data-into-salesforce

Please mark it as solved if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
This was selected as the best answer
prakash javadekarprakash javadekar
Thanks nagendra.
Tyler SchryverTyler Schryver
JitterBit is a good tool for exporting and importing records. 
Gary RalstonGary Ralston
Hey Prakash,

There are several tools that can be used to import data into Salesforce, such as:
  • Salesforce Import Wizard - Salesforce Import Wizard is a built-in tool in Salesforce that allows users to import data into the system.
  • Data Loader - A free, downloadable tool from Salesforce that can be used to import and export large amounts of data.
  • Jitterbit Data Loader - A paid tool that allows for real-time data integration between Salesforce and other systems.
  • Informatica Cloud Data Wizard - A paid tool that allows for easy data integration between Salesforce and other systems, with a user-friendly interface.
  • Rest API - Salesforce provides Rest API that can be used to import and export data programmatically.
These tools are some of the best options available for importing data into Salesforce, they offer a variety of features and functionalities, such as real-time data integration, flexible scheduling, user-friendly interfaces, and more.

To learn about creating an object from a spreadsheet in Salesforce, visit the article at https://arrify.com/lightning-object-creator/.This guide offer complete information and step-by-step instructions on how to create an object and fields quickly from a spreadsheet using the Lightning Object Creator.