function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
F SmoakF Smoak 

Child Object field on Parent Object Layout

I have a parent Object Person Account and related child object Address.
While creating an account I need to display some field of Address as required fields. How can I do that? 
On Address Layout assignment these fields are required but while creating account these fields do not mark as required. How to fix this? Please help!
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Ruchi Chainani
can you share screenshort of createing account ?
Thanks
F SmoakF Smoak
User-added image

Please check.
fine , so this is a standred account page ot vf page ?
and
all fields in Address Required Information section create on account object ? right?
F SmoakF Smoak
yeah when I populate address field and save the record then an account record and its address record is created.
Not sure where this create page layout is coming from. I am really confused on that part.
ok so for this solution follow these step go to any created account record detail page and click on side button on screen (1)
User-added image

click on page layout

find fields that you want to required on mouse over on those field you can see a rinch button click on it and then selet required checkbox
and save layout and now check it again 
Thanks
Let me inform if it work :)
F SmoakF Smoak
Address is a related list on Account layout. How can I make the fields required for related object field on parent object layout?
so how can you insert a child object fields on create a parent object ??
i see in above image that address fields show on create account record page so onces check on account object custom fields you find those fields maybe
F SmoakF Smoak
Checked the Account Layout and custom fields for Account. Nothing works. Not sure where are these fields displayed from Account create page.
can you share URL of this account detail page i think this is a custom visualforce page