function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfadm sfdevsfadm sfdev 

Visualforce page to display detail task/activtiy chronology

Hello,

I'd like to know and could you please advise how the following functionality can be achieved in Saleforce:
When a Salesforce user opens a task, he/she will have to monitor and observe what happened and when.
What I would like to achieve is to give the user detail information presented the following way:
Task Name

Originator

user 1

date and time

comment 1

user 2

date and time 

comment 2

user 3

date and time

comment 3

Where:
- user is the name of the employee
- when did she/he wrote or left a message
- what was the message in the comment area
Please advise how this can be achieved in Salesforce,

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by sfadm sfdev
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

As this post is already solved in stack exchange community as below

Tasks are related to a particular record and you cannot have parent-child/lookup relationship to the standard task object.

However, if these tasks are related to some other record say Lead or Opportunity. You can show this representation by embedding custom pages in standard record view.

For this, you need to:
  • Create a custom VF page and make sure that the VF page should have standard controller corresponding to the record on which you want to embed this page
  • Query all the tasks which are related to the record
  • Show in the required format using VF tags or custom HTML
Chatter, would also show tasks in chronological order. You can also enable feed based layouts which show's chronological view of tasks and chatter actions.

I kindly request you to mark this thread as solved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are really in need of help.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P