function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James MatsonJames Matson 

How to change my username on Trailhead account?

I have a typo in my username for my Trailhead account. I have fixed it in my developer account but it hasn't updated in Trailhead.
Is there a way to fix this? I would like to be able to share my badges as I earn them with the correct name.
I can't even find a way to delete the Trailhead account and re-create it with the correct name. I don't want to have to create a new developer account with a new email address just so I can create a new Trailhead account, as this would obviously be very inconvient.

Surely there must be a better way of resolving this?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi James,

First and foremost sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

As far as i know you don't have access to change the username in the trailhead account.The best possible way is to contact the salesforce support team and trailhead team for this issue.

You may reach trailhead support here
  • trailhead@salesforce.com
You may reach salesforce support here
  • support@salesforce.com
  • https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000123530&language=en_US
  • https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000001000&language=en_US
Mark this thread as solved once it gets resolved so that it will be removed from the forums community unanswered queue.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.

Michel NialonMichel Nialon
Hi
to change your name in your trailhead account, just click your avatar in the upper right corner, edit your profile, and enter your name as you wante
michel
SathishPanjalaSathishPanjala
Hi James, 

I got an answer for this. Let me make sure my undersatnding is correct about your question.

You created a Trailhead account, Lets say : jamesMatson@trailhead.com as a user name and you want to change it to Lets Say :  jamesMatson@trailhead2.com.

Follow the below steps to do that change : 1) Create a salesforce developer account with the same user name jamesMatson@trailhead.com and make it as default in Trailhead.

2) Make sure you could able to login to that salesforce account with that user name and password.
3) Go to the Setup >> Manage users >> users .. click on edit at your account: jamesMatson@trailhead.com
4) With this option you can edit the User name of your salesforce account. 
5) Give the name whatever you want " :  jamesMatson@trailhead2.com" and the same will reflect on TRAIL HEAD account as well.
6) You your new user id when you login to the tarilhead next time.

Let me know if you have any questions.... Other wise mark this answer as solved/bext answer.

Thanks, Sathish P

sikindar shaiksikindar shaik
Simple Solution and Best solution
sikindar shaiksikindar shaik
Thanks @SathishPanjala