function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark Thomas 15Mark Thomas 15 

Salesforce1 wont allow user to take screenshot

Hello, 

I am trying to create a salesforce1 instructional document for my users. Whenever I try and take a screenshot using my phone I get the following error: "Couldn't capture screenshot. Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space, or isn’t allowed by the app or your organization." Since I can take screenshots of almost everything on my phone except SF1, it seems like this is a permission issue. Is there a way for the admin to allow screenshots in SF1? Any help is appreciated. 
Best Answer chosen by Mark Thomas 15
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
try to rename the folder ? and you can open your salesforce account with google chrome bowser on phone and take screen short there
Thanks

All Answers

hi Mark
Before going to the solution for this issue, I want to point out that some of the apps (for example banking apps,salesforce), don’t let you capture the screenshot while you have the app opened as the active application. If that is the issue you are facing, we suggest you to have to install a third party screenshot app like “Screenshot ultimate” to make it work.

Now for the solution to fix this error:
Open the file manager on your android cell phone
Most android phones are coming with a pre-installed file manager apps. If your don’t find one on your phone, download any file management app from the play store (example : ES File Explorer).
Now scroll until you find a folder called as “Pictures”
Rename the folder called Pictures to “Pictures2”
Can be done by holding on the pictures folder and a popup option appears asking you to rename the document
OR play around with the options until you find this option.
And you are done. Try taking a screen shot and verify if the solution worked.
If that doesn’t seem to fix the issue, try restarting your phone and retry it.

Thanks
i hop it helps you
Mark it best answer if it helps you so it make proper solution for others
Thank you, I tried the solution and downloading Screenshot ultimate. Neither worked...
try to rename the folder ? and you can open your salesforce account with google chrome bowser on phone and take screen short there
Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Yes, I renamed the photo folder. And I need the screenshot to be of SF1 not, the website. 
no in Chrome on Android browser its open same as SF1 app try onces :)
Thanks Piyush! That works for me.
happy to help Mark :)