function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura BrockLaura Brock 

When a chat (Live Agent) ends, the chat transcript is being created on the wrong account? And in some cases, the chat transcript is unable to be found...? How can we find the chat transcripts and troubleshoot?

When a chat (Live Agent) ends, the chat transcript is being created on the wrong account?  And in some cases, the chat transcript is unable to be found...?  How can we find the chat transcripts and troubleshoot?
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

By design, Chat Transcripts are not immediately created after a chat has been ended by either the operator or chat visitor.  This is to ensure that the operator has enough time to properly wrap-up the chat after it has been ended.  Thus, a delay can be expected with regard to Transcript creation.  

And also Profile(s) used by the customers have access to the Chat Transcript object? If not, grant access 

Please refer below salesforce help document.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000206574&language=en_US

For more information please refer below guide.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/live_agent_dev_guide.pdf

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Laura BrockLaura Brock
Thanks so much for that information!  I did read that delays can occur, but these chats happened well over a week ago and are not associated with any account.  In two other cases, the chat transcript was saved to the wrong account!

I'm trying to understand how I can find/see chat transcripts that might not have made it to the right account, and also, understand how the chat transcript gets associated with one account vs another.
System Administrator 862System Administrator 862
Hi Laura.  Did you ever get any more info on this issue?  Or, were you able to resolve, and how?

MoroYMoroY
Hi Laura, I'm also interested in this case. Were you able to resolve this issue? Thanks