function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick Stocker 8Rick Stocker 8 

Workflow Rule Criteria Problem - Fails to Run with OR construction

I have a Workflow Rule with time-based actions, set to evaluate when the record is edited to become true.  The aim is to have it trigger when a checkbox field is checked by another WRF,  The immediate action is to untick the Checkbox.  Thereafter, the second set of criteria should control whether the actions may still run as scheduled.

With the following nested criteria, the WFR fails to trigger at all.   In theory it should work, but in practice it doesn't.  

OR( 
Membership_Renewal_Reminder_Trigger__c = True, 
AND( 
Agreement_Completion_Date__c >= Today(), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Active"), 
Includes(Relationship__c,"Member")))

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Rakesh ARakesh A
Rakesh A
one work flow result cannot fire another work for.
this may help you. 
there is an idea here . 
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000gvj4AAA
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Rick,

To achieve this, you need to tweak your first workflow which updates the checkbox to true. In your field update action of that workflow you should see an option "Re-evaluate workflow rules after field change". You need to check this box for your first workflow to trigger the second one.

User-added image

Hope that helps !
Rick Stocker 8Rick Stocker 8
Rakesh.   Thanks for your suggestion.  However, you can now reevaluate workflows using the technique shown by Akhil.

Akhil -  thanks for your suggestion, but this is not the issue.  I have already used this technique and proven that it works.  The problem is the actual formula of the Rule.   If I remove the OR clause, the WFR runs.  The question is, why?