function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Riley BRiley B 

Need advice on what direction I should take for this project

I have a project I'm beginning to work on that I can't seem to figure out what the best way to go about making it is. Basically, what I need to create is some kind of web app/form that customers can go to and fill out and submit. This will update/create records in our Salesforce Org as well as return some results/information to them based on selections they made in the form. Here are some other requirements we are looking we would like to have:
  • access to majority of Salesforce standard and custom objects
  • publicly available, but eventuallly password and IP protected.
  • ability to handle 100s of users
  • users should be able to return to edit their selections/create and fill out new forms to get new results
  • need to be able to create/add code to the form to further customize the interaction
  • compatable with most common operating systems, browsers, tablets, phones, etc.
  • somehow share/send the data/results to an additional Salesforce Org
Through the research I've done so far, I think my choices for creating something like this are to use Force.com Sites and/or create a Community site, or some combination of both. We are currently in the process of creating/setting up a Community and Service Cloud and I'm not sure if this project is something I should just roll into that as well.

Hopefully I've painted a good enough of a picture to where you can help me out and possibly point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
I would go for Communities