function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul BoinepallyRahul Boinepally 

Knowledge article type publish status

Hello,
I have a requirement where the Knowledge article created user should not be able to 'publish' the article, so I have created a validation rule: 
ISCHANGED(PublishStatus) &&  ($User.Id  =  CreatedById)
I am not worried about the createdByID for now, but ISCHANGED(PublishStatus) doesnt work in validation rule. Even if I just give ISCHANGED(PublishStatus) in validation rule, Salesforce allows me to publish the article. Clearly the PublishStatus value is changed from 'Draft' to 'Online' , but validation rule doesnt fire. I did try process builder as well, but with no luck.As there are no triggers for Knowledge articles at the moment, validation rule / process builder seem to be the only way 

Please could you help me if you have come across this situation ? 

Thank you.
Rahul
Lalit Mistry 21Lalit Mistry 21
Hi Rahul,

Publishing a knowledge article is a 2 step process.
1. First the article version is saved.
2. Secondly the article is published only after save is successful.
All validation rule, workflow rule, process builder, approval process, etc are applicable only for first step i.e. just before publishing the article. Since at this point article is not published, validation rule do not fail.
In order to prevent user from publishing article, you'll need to remove the user from Article manager group which is responsible for publish action. You can check the article manager by navigating to Setup -> Customize -> Knowledge -> Knowledge Article Actions.
Hope this helps.
Rahul BoinepallyRahul Boinepally
Hi Lalit,

Thank you for the reply. I see what you mean, but I dont want to restrict the user to publish the article. The requirement is that user who created / last modified the article should not be able to publish the article. 
Nur Azlini 2Nur Azlini 2
@Rahul Boinepally,

Are you able to solved this issue?
Biswajit SahooBiswajit Sahoo
I am facing the same issue. Is there any other solution so that the Published article can be notified to chatter group through Process builder?
Sachin Kumar 255Sachin Kumar 255
I am also having kind lf similar requirements. I had to load articles from external application into lightning knowledge.

All of those articles are already in published status and accessible to end customer through external website. Now i would like toove these into ligjtning knowledge through bulk api amd inserting into knowledge__kav object. Challenge is Salesforce doesnt allow me to imsert articles with status as "published" bit allowed me to insert as "Draft".

Any solution to overcome this problem please so that i can insert articles direcly with "Publish" status.

Thanks!