function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ABell 14ABell 14 

Pause Day Counting Field

I want to create a field that counts the days open for a record, but when the status is "Waiting on Response" it should pause until the status is in progress again and then stop counting when the status is Completed or Closed Dead

I know I can create a date field that counts the days, but I want to be able to pause and resume the count.

Case Status is "New" or "In Progress" for 2 days the days count, status is "Waiting on Response" for 4 days the days pause; then I change status back to "In Progress" the days count again starting with 3 and continue counting until the status is "Completed" or "Closed Dead"

Basically, I'm trying to track my turnaround time but I don't want the days when I'm waiting to hear back from the person that created the help case to count against my time.

Thanks!
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Abell,

Why don't you simply enable the field tracking on the Case stage field and pull up the Case History report to fetch this value ? 

This histroy report will show you the number of days for which a Case remained in a particular status etc.

Refer the below link for more details

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=tracking_field_history.htm

ABell 14ABell 14
Hi Akhil,

Thanks, I have history tracking enabled, but for what I'm looking for right now, I dont care about the dates that things were changed and I will want this data for more than 18 months.

I really just want to know my turnaround time on cases minus the days that it has a status of "Waiting for Response"