function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhargav SurapaneniBhargav Surapaneni 

excel salseforce connector

when I'm trying to login with salesforce connector in excel it was throwing 5103 exception. How can I solve this issue
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bhargav,

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. I installed the Excel Connector for Salesforce
2. Clicked on any of the options (for instance Table Query Wizard)
3. Prompted for ID and paswword. ID >> my ID, Password >> my password+security token, URL:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0 (default value, no idea of what it is).

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I am supposed connecting to SF, downloading the tables, I guess. Instead the following warning pops up: Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request. ExceptionCode : 5103

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system? With what Salesforce.com edition? Professional edition. Win 7.

I had similar trouble with this (Enterprise Edition), after struggling for two days to login, I removed the IP range from my profile and reset the security token. When I used it along with my password I was able to login. I hope this works for you.

I had the same problem.  First make sure you are not locked out of SFDC (since you tried to log in so many times), and if not, then try adding your token the end of your password.  This worked for me.

Kindly mark this post as solved if the information help's so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue and becomes a proper solution which results in helping others who are really in need of it.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
Are you talking about Lightning Connect? that it has been re-named to Salesforce Connect? Could you share more details? To excel, google excel? what have you done?
Paradiso SolutionsParadiso Solutions
First make sure you are not locked out of SFDC (if you tried to log in too many times), and if not, then try adding your token the end of your password.