function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Oliver Freeman 14Oliver Freeman 14 

Process Builder - Only Updating Record Once

Hello,

I am currently trying to automate our loan process at work within Salesforce.
We use two seperate objects to manage loans and loan assets - Contract Loans (manages the actual loan) and Contract Loan Assets (manages the assets themselves).
One of the fields within the Contract Loan object is "Loan Status", which is a picklist field, consisting of the following options:
  • New
  • Pending Approval
  • Approved
  • Rejected
  • Closed
As you can probably assume from the options, this object (Contract Loan) utilises the approvals process.
When a loan is created, it's loan status is automatically set to "New", whilst the loan owner makes any changes to the record prior to submitting it for approval.
At this point, I want the loan asset (which is a related object to the contract loan), which also has a "status" field, to set the asset status to "pending approval" so that it no longer shows in the asset view for our support staff, so that they don't request loan assets that already have contract loan's open/open pending approval.
In an attempt to make this work, within the approval process, I set one of the initial actions to change the contract loan status field to Pending Approval once submitted for approval, which works.
I then thought to use process builder to make the second part happen, i.e. update the loan asset to say "pending approval" also, which worked.

After I got the first part working, I thought I'd try and make it so that when the loan itself is approved, the loan asset changes to "on loan", again using process builder, but at this point, it stopped working and wouldn't update the contract loan asset object further than pending approval, which I don't understand.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
anil jadhav 8anil jadhav 8
Hi Oliver,

User-added image

You might have selected only when record is created instead when a record is created or edited. Thats why record updating once.
LEt me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Anil
Hi Anil,

This is already set to 'when a record is created or edited' which is why I'm really not sure why it's only updating once.

Thanks
For testing purposes I have completely rebuilt the automation process in PB.

It works, but only when the contract loan 'status' field is edited and the record saved manually.
When the record is created and status is set to 'new' the asset changes to 'pending approval' as it should.
When submitted for approval, the contract loan status changes to 'pending approval' and the asset stays as 'pending approval' as I'd expect.
When approved, the contract loan status changes to approved, the asset doesn't change at all.

Any ideas?
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Oliver,

I believe that your Contract loan statuses are changed by the approval actions. 

So your have configured the process in such a way that when the approval action updates the loan status, it should also update the status of the related asset.

To make this happen you need to enable a checkbox in your approval field update action as seen below.

User-added image

If that works, kindly mark an answer so that we can close this thread.

Hope that helps !