function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShotsterShotster 

API Access to Data Export Zip Files?

I have weekly backups configured using SF's data export functionality. I also have Google Apps connected to SF via OAuth 2. I'd like to move the data export ZIP files to Google Drive - i.e. a simple cloud-to-cloud transfer. (It seems silly to have to manually download the backups and then upload them to Google Drive.) Is there a SF API that provides access to those ZIP archives?

Thanks for any info or insight you can provide,

-Steve
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

One approach is to use the SOAP API to automatically establish a session using securely stored credentials. Once the session is established you can use the Session ID and Server URL to send a web request to the page that contains the Data Export, parse out the download links, and then pull the zip files down and store them locally. Depending on the duration of the transfer you may need to recover from a lost session.

From below link.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/295/automate-the-downloading-of-data-export-zip-files

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. 

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya