function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Surbhi Dham 10Surbhi Dham 10 

Custom Formula Field

Hi, I am trying to create a formula field using the below.

IF(ISPICKVAL(Type , 'NEW BOM')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Customer Query')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'New Collateral Request')&& Age_Business_Days__c   <=3,1,IF(ISPICKVAL(Type , 'BOM Update')&& Age_Business_Days__c   <=2,1,IF(ISPICKVAL(Type , 'Standard collateral request')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Custom Collateral Request')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Customer Demo/Presentation')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Customer meeting')||ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Meeting with Sales Rep')&&   Age_Business_Days__c   <=1,1,0)))

I am getting an error - Complied formula is too big. Can anyone help here. Thanks

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You get this error when Maximum formula size (in bytes) when compiled exceeds 5,000 bytes.There are some tips provided in Salesforce document to reduce the compiled size of formula, please refer.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/204/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_formula_size_tipsheet.pdf

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Surbhi Dham 10Surbhi Dham 10
Hi Sandhya,

I am not able to make use of CASE function for my above formula. Can you help me in writing that?

Thanks
Surbhi