function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Donna Lowe 2Donna Lowe 2 

Building a Suggestion Box App/Creating Reports and Dashboards

Unable go get Report to show.   Unsure of what is wrong - I can see it and open it in my Unfiled Public Reports.   When I try to rename it, it indicates it already exists.....I cannot move forward with next sessions......out of ideas of how to fix
User-added image
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check you save same report in some other folder ?
or you created report with same name and deleted ? if yes then please click on recycle bin and undelete ?

Donna Lowe 2Donna Lowe 2
Here are report properties....
User-added image
Chaitanya madduri 9Chaitanya madduri 9
Hi Donna Do you have both the reports Suggestions : By status and Suggestion :Status of Open Suggestions in Unfiled public folder ?
Sowjanya SarideSowjanya Saride
I'm stuck with same problem since 3 months. I have the report in the unfiled public folder and everything is right.
Today I tried to delete the Summary report and redo it. When I created and tried to save the new summary report with the same name as before,
it says: " Report with same name already exists. " I checked several times, the report with this name does not exist.
I guess there is a bug in building this app. Or is there any other fix?
@ Donna Lowe2 : Is your problem fixed?

I'm stuck and not able to finish this project and get the badge.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank You!
Ceciline ThaiCeciline Thai
I keep getting this error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Suggestions: By Status' report is not a Suggestion report type

However, when selecting report type - I quick find suggestion and theres only one there to choose from?

Anyone know what the issue may be here.. 

Thanks
Vadim PolonichkoVadim Polonichko
I have the same error "The 'Suggestions: By Status' report is not a Suggestion report type" and I am unable to complete module.  When I went to create report, there was no Suggestions report.  I had to create new custom report type.  User-added image

S Jason SalfenS Jason Salfen
Vadim

I had the same issue where there was no report type of Suggestions.  I create a customer report type = suggestions.  However, the challenge then failed me because there was nothign with report type = suggestion.  

Change your report type to Suggestion (no "s").  

That should then work. The instructions in the module don't match what the challenge is looking for.  
S Jason SalfenS Jason Salfen
I just discovered that I had missed a step earlier in the trail. I had not clicked Allow Reports.  Here's where it says to do that earlier in the trail:

On the Custom Object Definition Page, create the object as follows:
Label : Suggestion
Plural Label : Suggestions
Record Name : Suggestion Name
Data Type : Text
Check the Allow Reports checkbox
Check the Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object checkbox.
Leave the defaults for everything else and click Save.
Select the desired Tab style and click on Next, leave the defaults for the remaining fields, click Next and finally Save.