function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicole SackinNicole Sackin 

Add "Change Owner" to Lead List view in Lightning

Hello,

I am rolling out Lightning Experience to everyone in my organization and I am concerned about the lack of standard buttonds in the List View Search Layout for Leads.

One of the Standard buttons that is used very often in Classic is the "Change Owner" button.  Even though the checkbox is checked in this view, I am not seeing it on my Leads page in Lightning.

These are the buttons I have enabled in the Setup > Object manager > Leads > Search Layout > List View (you can see that "Change Owner" is checked.)

User-added image

And yet the Change Owner button does not appear on the Lightning page:
User-added image
I know it is possible because I have seen it in the release notes: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/winter_17/winter_17_sales
User-added image
What can I do to add the "Change Owner" feature back into the Leads List View?

Thanks.
Nicole
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nicole Sackin ,

Consider below point.

Users with the “Modify All Data” permission, or users with the “Modify All” permission for the given object, can transfer any record, regardless of who owns the record.Please make sure you have these permission for lead object.

From below link.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=data_about_transfer.htm&type=0

The Change Owner action appears only if the user has permission to change record ownership. And same as in the full Salesforce site, a user can give ownership of a record to another user as long as the new owner has a minimum of “Read” permission for the type of record being transferred. 

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_mobile_s1_newfeat_change_owner.htm

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hello Sandhya,

Yes, I have the "modify all data" permission for this object and there is not option for Transfer on the Leads List view page (see my screenshots from earlier).  To be more specific, I am looking for the ability to check multiple leads and reassign the owner for all the checked Leads at once.  This is possible in Classic, it does not seem to come out of the box in Lightning.

Does anyone know how I can add a Change Owner button Quick Action to the Leads List page so I can reassign mutliple leads at once?

Thanks.
Nicole
Akshay Deshmukh1Akshay Deshmukh1
Hey, to change ownership of records, you need to have 'edit' permission on  records and either own the record or be above the owner in the role hierarchy. Additionally, the new owner of the record must have at least “Read” permission on accounts.

Let me know how this goes.
Akshay Deshmukh1Akshay Deshmukh1
You also need to have "Transfer Leads"  permission on your profile.
Let me clarify, I have all the permissions to change the owner.
 can change the owner with a Quick Action in Classic view.  

What i am trying to accomplish is being able to change the Owner of multiple leads in LIGHTNING view using a button.  What do i need to do to get a button on the Leads List page that will allow me to change the Owner? 

Thank you
Nicole
Jun Liu 7Jun Liu 7
Hi Nicole

Mass Action for Change Owner in lightning is on the product roadmap, but not yet targeted to a specific release, so you cannot do it for now,

but for now here is a workaround lightning app you can use: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000018mbBEAQ

Step 1: enable Mass Update for the lead list views

Step 2: select the leads in the view you want to reassign.

Step 3: follow the wizard, and select the field "Owner ID", and enter the new user Salesforce ID for this field, something like "00550000005ONBu", you can find the id by looking user url

Step4: mass update the leads.

I am writing a custom mass change owner lightning app, it will be free on Appexchange when it is ready, and will let you know.

Cheers,

Jun Liu

Hello Jun Liu

That app seems to only allow the converted leads to be tagged to 1 Account regardless of how many different Leads from different Companies I am trying to convert.  

We have multiple Leads from multiple Companies that will need to create new Accounts as well as new Contacts when Converted.

Please address this in the new app you are working on.

Thank you,

Nicole 
Nicola BiddleNicola Biddle
Hi there, 

I need this for my client and the app exchange you mentioned does not work for professional edition?

@jun liu , please confirm if you are still going to create one that works for pro edition?

Cheers,
Nicola