function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael J. LupinoMichael J. Lupino 

loading lightning component in lightning experience UI

Hi, I have an interesting problem and I'm curious to get your feedback or reccomendations: 

I'm loading a lightning component from a visualforce page (via a command button press) that is being rendered in lightning UI. Their is a command button on the form to bring the user to the new lightning page. I am noticing that I can only use force:createrecord in lightning experience which i'm fine with and this works fine if I add it to the app menu. 

The Visualforce page is being displayed in lightning. Is their anyway that I can keep the user in lightning experience and then call or access the lightning component from my visualforce page. I'm not 100% ready to convert the underlying VF page. I feel like I'd add some technical debt if I convert from the force:recordcreate to actually building out the page. 

Are their any creative solutions that I can use to address? To sum up, the visualforce page is being accessed via lightning app menu and then being displayed. The issue I have is envoking a lightning component but rendering inside of Lightning Experience to take advantage of force:createrecord action. Thanks again for your help and support.

Michael