function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Philip VillanuevaPhilip Villanueva 

Problems with Define Sharing Rulles challenge

I believe I completed the Define Sharing Rules challenge.  When I press the Check Challenge button, the following error is displayed:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An object with the API name Project__c does not exist or does not contain the Priority__c picklist field.

I did create the Project object.  When view the Project object it indicates that the API Name is Project_c.  It has a custom field called Priority and the API Name is Priority_c.

What is going on with this challenge?

Also, the custom field is a picklist field.
Chaitanya madduri 9Chaitanya madduri 9
Hi philip , does priority field have the values High, Medium, and Low? 
Is sharing rules defined as per the Trailhead ? If so clear caches ,loginout and  again login to your DE. For better understanding please share screen shot .

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Philip Villanueva,

Please consider below the point.

Here in the module, you need to have label as Project, and when you put your cursor in Object Name, the name will be Project again.After saving you see that API name is Project__c.That means __c will be appended automatically. Same works for Priority.

Please see below screenshot

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hi Sandhya and Chaitanya,

Thankyou both for your responses.  I did follow the Sharing Rules as defined in Trailhead Challenge.  Also, I created the Project object exactly as it is in the screen shot.

I did resolve the problem.  I inadvertently, cleared Visibility for the Field-Level Security for Profile.  Thinking that this will prevent others from viewing the object other than the owner and the users based on the Sharing Rules.  Once I restore Visibily on the Field-Level Security, the Challenge Checker worked.

Thanks again for your help.

-Phil-

Katrina Read 2Katrina Read 2
Philip - I did exactly the same and your fix worked.  Thanks!!!