function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Darshana AminDarshana Amin 

loginForm, selfRegister, selfStartUrl in Lightning Components must be packaged

Hello,

I have created a managed package which also includes Custom Community template(from Napili template). When I submitted this package for Security review I got a response as below:

loginForm, selfRegister, selfStartUrl in Lightning Components must be packaged 

Can anyone pls suggest why are these components required to be packaged as I am not using Custom Login form & neither the Self register feature.

Thanks,
Darshana
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Darshana,

The reason why this might be necessary is your subscriber may customize login ,registration screens and may want to extend with lightning components .

So you should include these as a part of managed package so that they can extend it .

Kindly mark this post as solved if the information help's so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue and becomes a proper solution which results in helping others who are really in need of it.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Darshana AminDarshana Amin
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for the reply!
I still have a query though. Doesn't Salesforce create these Lightning Components (loginForm, selfRegister, selfStartUrl) automatically as soon as you create a community?
If so then why do I still need to package these components. The subscriber can still go ahead & customize these pages to extend their functionality. Kindly assist 

Thanks & Regards,
Darshana