function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aaron WoosterAaron Wooster 

edit converted lead fields

In Spring 16 release there is new feature introduced "Update Fields on Converted Leads".

Once a Lead is converted, the data is only accessible in a read-only fashion via the Converted Leads report. But now from what I read in the link below, users with specified permissions can update fields and picklist values on Leads already converted.
http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring16/release-notes/rn_sales_leads_edit_converted_leads.htm?edition=&impact=

So I went through the steps outlined in the salesforce release notes above. I get stuck on step 4:

"4. Add the setting to your profiles. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles. Select the profile and then select Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation."

When I go the profiles section, I find the "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" but I can't select the checkbox. Please help.
samyuktha etikyalasamyuktha etikyala
Hi Dear,
Hope below link will help you 
In Spring 16 release there is new feature introduced "Update Fields on Converted Leads".

We all know that once a Lead is converted, the data is only accessible in a read-only fashion via the Converted Leads report. But now, users with specified permissions can update fields and  picklist values or Leads already converted."

See here more about that feature: http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/spring16/release-notes/rn_sales_leads_edit_converted_leads.htm

Thanks and regards,
Samyuktha.
Cari AvesCari Aves
If you are unable to assign the "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and "Update Records with Inactive Owners" permissions to a Profile try creating a Permission Set. You can find this using Search in the Setup page. The permissions can be found under the System Permissions section in the Permission Set setup page. Once you create a permission set with the desired permissions and assign it to your profile you will be able to access converted leads in the UI.

Please note that you will need to use the Classic UI to access converted leads in the Winter 17 release. This limitation will be resolved in the Spring 17 release when we introduce a new user permission for viewing and editing converted leads.