function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jayesh BhatnagarJayesh Bhatnagar 

index a custom field on a custom object

I would like to index a custom field on a custom object. The object in question is a Purchase Order object and the field is  the Purchase Order Status field. We are going to be querying this object in an apex class and will be querying up data that is less than 10% of all records. This field is not an external id and we are interfacing this data from an ERP system. Hence I don't want to flag this field as an external id just to have it indexed. In the past we were able to have salesforce support do this for us but now since we are on basic support, the tier 1 support is not assisting with this. Any ideas on how to go about getting this indexed?
V V Satyanarayana MaddipatiV V Satyanarayana Maddipati
Hi Jayesh,

Can you reply me what is the datatype of Purchase Order Status field ?
The Status field is a picklist field.
V V Satyanarayana MaddipatiV V Satyanarayana Maddipati
Picklist will support indexing, please raise a case to salesforce support, to index on the Status field.

Thanks.
Salesforce Support is not assisting because she says we are on Basic Support and not Premier Support. But we have had indexes created by Support before. Not sure if the support agent I am working with is new or just giving me a hard time!
Michele Kleinhomer 10Michele Kleinhomer 10
Did you get help with this?  I am in the same situation.  I just opened a ticket.
This is always a struggle. Really depends on who in support takes up the ticket I think.