function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joanna HukJoanna Huk 

Error message "This Report Unique Name already exists..."

Hi, During resolving module 'Visualizing Your Data' I've created a report Cases by Status but I've made a mistake during creation. So then I deleted this report and removed it from Bin. Then I wanted to retry the challenge but I've got error message: "Error: This Report Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name." I've checked other reports preferences and Recycle Bin and I cannot find the same API name. Could you let me know how to complete this module?User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Joanna Huk
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Joanna Huk,

It might be when we delete a report; it goes into the Recycle Bin section. Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen, you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

To pass this challenge for now.
Just put a number at the unique name (ex" Cases _by_Status1) and leave the upper name simply Cases_by_Status. The trailhead is searching for the simple dashboard name, not for the unique one.

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Joanna Huk,

It might be when we delete a report; it goes into the Recycle Bin section. Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen, you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

To pass this challenge for now.
Just put a number at the unique name (ex" Cases _by_Status1) and leave the upper name simply Cases_by_Status. The trailhead is searching for the simple dashboard name, not for the unique one.

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Joanna HukJoanna Huk
Perfect. It woks. I've named it Cases _by_Status3 and challenge is now completed. thank you
Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
I have the same issue and can't save the report with a different API, as the superbadge challenge checks for the specific report name on the specific folder. I deleted the report on Friday 15th and today Sunday 17th still giving me the error. Any other alternatives? Any APEX or code thru developer console that can delete it from the metadata? 
Thanks